Wednesday, March 9, 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday (1)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine. WoW is for Bloggers to share what book(s) they are eagerly anticipating. This is my very first WoW. I've been wanting to participate in this weekly meme for quite awhile now. What better time to start than now? Waiting On Wednesday seems as fun as Kristi's In My Mailbox weekly meme. Here is my "Waiting On" for Wednesday! :)

Small Town Sinners by Melissa C. Walker
Small Town Sinners
Synopsis:
Lacey Anne Byer is a perennial good girl and lifelong member of the House of Enlightenment, the Evangelical church in her small town. With her driver's license in hand and the chance to try out for a lead role in Hell House, her church's annual haunted house of sin, Lacey's junior year is looking promising. But when a cute new stranger comes to town, something begins to stir inside her. Ty Davis doesn't know the sweet, shy Lacey Anne Byer everyone else does. With Ty, Lacey could reinvent herself. As her feelings for Ty make Lacey test her boundaries, events surrounding Hell House make her question her religion.

Melissa Walker has crafted the perfect balance of engrossing, thought-provoking topics and relatable, likable characters. Set against the backdrop of extreme religion, Small Town Sinners is foremost a universal story of first love and finding yourself, and it will stay with readers long after the last page.

My Thoughts: First who can't look at the cover and fall in love with it? As soon as I saw the cover for Small Town Sinners I knew I just had to read this book. I really want to read this book because I've been reading way too many Paranormal books lately. Sometimes all anyone needs is a break from a certain genre, and Small Town Sinners seems like the perfect book to read for that break.

Small Town Sinners will be released on July 19th by Bloomsbury USA. So mark your calendars!

5 comments:

Lark Andrea said...

I wanna read this one too! I love the cover. :)

Reading Lark's WOW

Catt said...

I can agree with you about needing a break from a certain genre. I've been trying to mix it up lately.

The cover is amazing. I'll def. be adding it to my to read list!

Here is my WoW, http://miss-check-out.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

Lindsay Cummings author said...

new GFC follower! excited to read more of your blog!! ooh wanna read this one!!

follow me?!
http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

danya said...

Welcome to WoW! This one was a WoW pick for me a while ago - it does sound thought-provoking, and the cover is quite striking as well.

Jill said...

Soooo glad you jumped on board...Welcome to WoW!!!