Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday (4)

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. "Waiting On" is for book lovers to share what book they are eagerly anticipating.

My can't wait for book this week is:

The Storyteller by Antonia Michaelis will be published iin the U.S. in January 2012 by Amulet Books.

Synopsis: Anna and Abel couldn’t be more different. They are both seventeen and in their last year of school, but while Anna lives in a nice old town house and comes from a well-to-do family, Abel, the school drug dealer, lives in a big, prisonlike tower block at the edge of town. Anna is afraid of him until she realizes that he is caring for his six-year-old sister on his own. Fascinated, Anna follows the two and listens as Abel tells little Micha the story of a tiny queen assailed by dark forces. It’s a beautiful fairy tale that Anna comes to see has a basis in reality. Abel is in real danger of losing Micha to their abusive father and to his own inability to make ends meet. Anna gradually falls in love with Abel, but when his “enemies” begin to turn up dead, she fears she has fallen for a murderer. Has she?
Award-winning author Antonia Michaelis moves in a bold new direction with her latest novel: a dark, haunting, contemporary story that is part mystery, part romance, and part melodrama.

Why I want this book: Just using the words mystery and romance and immediately its already a done deal for me. I love mystery books, and with mysterious deaths in this book with the love interest under suspicion who can't help but become interested? With the synopsis I really want to see how all the characters' lives go. Even though I have yet to read Nevermore by Kelly Creagh I can see these two books turning out similar for some reason. Plus Nevermore has received nothing but good praise too. Another reason I want this book is because the author is German, and I love to read books that were originally published in some other country than the U.S. Lastly I would like to comment on the cover. Its so simple looking that its beautiful. I love how the rose seems to be growing out of the ice. 

So what are your thoughts on The Storyteller? What book are you currently waiting for?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This one is going to my To-read list.I just followed your blog, I like it. I just made a new blog, please follow www.readingisendless.blogspot.com

Sally said...

New one for my wishlist. Great pick!
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-29.html