Sunday, April 11, 2010

Ballad Review


Synopsis:

James Morgan has an almost unearthly gift for music. And it has attracted Nuala, a soul-snatching faerie muse who fosters and then feeds on the creative energies of exceptional humans until they die. James has plenty of reasons to fear the faeries, but as he and Nuala collaborate on an achingly beautiful musical composition, James finds his feelings towards Nuala deepening. But the rest of the fairies are not as harmless. As Halloween—the day of the dead—draws near, James will have to battle the Faerie Queen and the horned king of the dead to save Nuala's life and his soul.

Book Details:
Date Published: October 2009
Publisher: Llewellyn Worldwide, LTD.
Format: Paperback
Pages: 360

My Review:
This was the first fairy book I've ever read. I'm glad I read it. Now I should read Lament. I liked the characters in this book. James has a witty, sacastic peresonality. Sometimes he got annoying though, but added humor that had me laughing. The relationships between Dee, Nuala, and James is unforgetable. At first the relationship between James and his teacher, Mr.Sullivan, was kind of odd. Then I found out why Mr.Sullivan liked James as a person. Overall this is a good read, but I still have to say that Shiver is Maggie's best work yet.

6 comments:

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

I still have not read this one..Soon Soon

Unknown said...

Discovered you on the Blog Hop!
Ballad actually looks very good! I still am trying to get to the Shiver series...is this related in any way? An offshoot?
-Nickee aka www.fiendishlybookish.com

Shantal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shantal said...

I really want to read this book. I have heard great things about it! :D

BTW .... I'm now following you :)

Malbebe said...

You should read it, its funny and serious at the same time. Oh awesome, I believe I'm following you as well. :)

Blueicegal ♥ said...

i love the cover! and ive been looking out for this for some time now *sigh* ps im following you as of now great blog you have here! :)