Sunday, September 12, 2010

Review: My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent


Synopsis (from Goodreads): She doesn't see dead people, but…

She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next…

Book Details:

Publisher: Harlequin Teen

Pub. Date: August 2009

Format: Paperback

Pages: 279

Review:

After all the hype to this series, I had high expectations. Sadly, I didn't think that My Soul to Take was all that. This review is just going to be brief, since almost everyone has read this book. Kaylee is a likable character and the Banshee of the book. We, the readers, struggle along with Kaylee and her cute male companion Nash to solve the mystery of what is happening to girls randomly dropping dead. With out any cause of death.

I like Kaylee as a person, but for some reason I did not connect with her character. The only things that pushed me on reading was to find out why girls are dying, who will be next, what can Kaylee do to stop the deaths, and Nash. So for the next book in the series I will only be reading it to see what happens next and for Nash and Tod. Even though Tod was a mischievous character I loved how he flirted with Kaylee. In my opinion he is not such a bad guy. Nash was a great guy and treated Kaylee like she means everything to him. Their chemistry was sweet.

I couldn't really believe that Kaylee's family kept a HUGE secret from her her whole life. I know I'd probably let it slip and the truth would of been revealed sooner. It was nice though when Kaylee finally got the truth and all the secrets and such were known. For the ending of the book, I must say that I saw it coming. Nonetheless I was shocked! I feared with Kaylee. Family does play a big role and I liked that it did. I have faith that this series can only get better.

3 Stars!


No comments: