Saturday, October 23, 2010

Mini-Review: Delirium by Lauren Oliver


Synopsis (from Goodreads.com): Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -the deliria- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.

Book Details:
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pub. Date: Feb. 1, 2011
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 440

My Mini-Review, Full review will come closer to release date:

Lena's story of love is so powerful it will forever have a place in my heart. The last book that I read that has impacted me so much was The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. Both books are tear jerkers. I found myself at least holding back tears twice throughout the novel. Only towards/at the end I had to put the book down run to the bathroom to cry privately. Lauren Oliver has written a book so beautifully you will often find yourself checking to make sure you are, in fact, reading a book. She paints such a vivid and clear picture of Lena's world you could actually feel like you are in Lena's head or there with her. Man, I'm finding it extremely difficult to write a mini review for this book, I just want to get very detailed and write that full review already! Anyways its really scary to think what if our government decided to right now find a cure for love and say that we can no longer love anything. I'd find it devastating if I was not able to love my life, family, friends, books, and my pets. In delirium, Lena finds out that there is a whole other world that has been kept secret from her and it opens her eyes to reality. Lena is a strong female protagonist and I was rooting for her and Alex all the way till the end. Delirium has made me grateful that I can love others and things and be able to do what I want. Added bonus is that I never saw anything in this book coming. Usually almost all books are a little predictable, but everything came as a surprise. In my opinion Delirium is just as amazing, if not better, than Lauren's debut Before I Fall. If you have not read Before I Fall buy it now. If you have not pre-ordered Delirium then pre-order NOW! I could sit here and talk all day about Delirium, but until my full review this will have to do.

No comments: