Sunday, January 23, 2011

In My Mailbox (27)

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren. You can click here for more information.

This week's IMM is actually for the past I don't know how long weeks. Maybe the past couple of weeks worth of books.

For Review:
Vesper by Jeff Sampson (Reading it right now and it is a super super fun read.)
Kat, Incorrigible by Stephanie Burgis

Thank you HarperCollins and Simon and Schuster for the books!

Bought:
The Secret Year by Jennifer Hubbard
Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck
Slice of Cherry by Dia Reeves
The Lying Game by Sara Shepard
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
Choker by Elizabeth Woods

I must admit I don't really like the cover for The Secret Year, but I really want to read it. What really sold it for me was the feel of the book cover. It is one of the softest books I've ever felt. If not for the story itself, which I'm sure is really good, get the book for the feel of the cover. I hope I'm not the only person who feels this way about the cover. lol. :)

I'm really excited to read all the books I got these past few weeks! There is another thing I want to tell you all about; While at the bookstore last week I discovered a gorgeous reprint of Robin McKinley's novel Chalice. Isn't so pretty? I've never heard of Chalice before but it sounds like an interesting read. Have you guys read it?

What did you get in your mailbox?

4 comments:

Amelia said...

Awesome stack! I hope you enjoy PARANORLAMCY, and though it's as weird as heck, I just love the cover for SLICE OF CHERRY. Whoever designed it should win an award. Hope you have a great week, and happy reading!

Anonymous said...

Great mailbox! Basically everything you got is on my wishlist, especially Slice of Cherry and Vesper. Hope you enjoy all of them! :)

Precious said...

Great books! I loved Paranormalcy! I hope you do too! Tiger's Curse, Vesper and The Secret Year all sound great!

Unknown said...

Awesome Haul! Thank you for sharing, I look forward to your reviews!

My IMM